Head of Compliance
Legal & Compliance – Stockholm
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Compliance to support our continued expansion in Europe. You will be responsible for supporting all areas of compliance and head up our compliance team. You will have the opportunity to drive our compliance framework forward and be part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team. You will work closely with our compliance and legal advisors in the various European countries.
What will you do during your first 100 days at Billhop
- Crash course in all that is Billhop and our industry
- Read a substantial amount of policies, routines, instructions, process descriptions, agreements and other legal documents so you become an expert on our regulatory and legal set up
- Engage with our compliance and risk functions, operations team, tech and support to get more color on the above
- Do some thinking and present a plan on how you would like to change everything
- Execute on your plan!
As a person you are ambitious with a high level of integrity. Although attention to detail is second nature to you, you are also able to maintain a holistic view of the business and strategy. You are at times pragmatic and at times totally impossible to budge and have a superhuman ability to balance the two. You are a persuasive communicator and capable of presenting complex compliance, regulatory and legal information. You are comfortable with engaging with clients and your judgement is never off.
Previous experience that will help you be great:
- Proven compliance experience
- Previous work at a law firm, compliance department or compliance consultant
- Relevant degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Swedish and English
Nice to haves:
- Experience in implementing compliance, risk and legal management programs at financial institutions
- Experience from working with the regulators
- Knowledge and experience within payments and the card industry
- Additional language skills
What we offer
- Work at a fast-growing company with increased legal and compliance complexity
- Highly motivated colleagues
- Opportunity to put your mark on the organisation and build your team
- Competitive remuneration and perks
We’re looking for people that will take initiative and thrive in an environment that offers exposure to a wide range of legal, compliance and business aspects. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you.