Billhop is in an expansive phase and we are looking for a Finnish-speaking customer service representative to join our customer support team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day support for our Finnish customer segment. Your responsibilities include; support over phone, email and chat, monitoring and administration of transactions, compliance procedures, etc.
What you will do during your first 100 days at Billhop
- Crash course in all that is Billhop and our industry
- Learn all our processes and routines including compliance and regulatory training
- Get to know our customers
- Help us maintain our world class customer support
As a person you are meticulous with an eye for details and a desire to work both collaboratively and autonomously within a fast-paced environment. You are service oriented and comfortable with, and have the skills required to build and manage relationships with customers and other stakeholders. You are genuinely interested in building efficient processes in order to help our customers get the best user experience
Previous experience and qualifications that will help you be great:
- Proven experience from customer support or similar
- Strong written and verbal skills in Finnish and English (Swedish is a plus)
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge and experience from payments and the card industry
- Additional language skills
- Compliance experience
What we offer
- Work in a fast paced and stimulating environment
- Opportunity to shape your role
- Career development in a fast-growing company
- Competitive remuneration and perks
We’re looking for people that will take initiative and thrive in an environment that offers exposure to a wide range of issues. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you.
Billhop is a Swedish company focusing on B2B payments with card. Founded in 2012, the business has made swift progress, is scaling fast and has expanded to several other European countries. We are a licensed Payment Institute under the supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen).