The Head of Engineering
Join our awesome tech team and drive the future of corporate payments in the intersection of banks, fintechs and card schemes.
The Head of Engineering is responsible for the development teams and our development process, reporting directly to the CTO. You will drive the vision, design, strategy, and implementation of our platforms and systems in order to support our business goals in the best possible way.
The Head of Engineering is a leadership role in the engineering department, you will lead the development teams and collaborate with other business departments in sales, marketing, and finance in order roll out new software as well as implement the ongoing process improvements of the current systems.
In this position, you manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team as well as the management and execution of site/software development projects against delivery commitments and project plans.
About Billhop Tech
We are a technology company on a mission to create great products. We are active in the exciting intersection of card payments, bank infrastructure, customer and back-office web/mobile UI as well as digital marketing and conversion efforts. We believe in developing most of our code in-house, agile in both working processes and mindset.
Our infrastructure is based on a Kubernetes cluster with a Pub/Sub running through a dozen of Node-based micro services talking REST. We are happy with this setup, but never content and never finished. We are always looking for new stuff to learn and better ways to overcome our challenges. Let’s do this together 🙌
- Leadership – You will be responsible for leading the development team at Billhop, this includes planning sprints, coaching developers, following up on tasks and reporting progress to the rest of the organization.
- Strategy and product – Plan the product roadmap and make sure our platform delivers what our customers and inhouse functions need and require, both in terms of functionality and user experience.
- Collaboration – You participate and work closely with the management to development strategies and plans for the company.
- Technology - You will be responsible, together with our SRE, to apply the best suitable technologies and industry best practices to ensure a fully functional, end efficient platform.
- Other – As a startup Billhop is a dynamic and flexible creature. The position as Head of Engineering will include duties deemed necessary for the proper execution and well-being of the company.
Who you are
- You are experienced in leading and coaching/mentoring software development teams
- You are a skilled communicator, verbally and in text. You listen and strives to reach understanding and consensus among your colleagues.
- You have strong experience and interest in technology and the ever-evolving landscape of software development.
- You have solid experience of working in an agile development environment
- You GET that you can’t PUT a PATCH to DELETE your last POST. HTTP 418
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Prior experience from similar leadership roles at small- to mid-sized technology companies
- Experience from front- and backend development such as React, node as well as managing cloud-based infrastructure
What we offer
- Work in a fast paced and stimulating environment
- An organization with a flat hierarchy and possibility to impact the business and processes from day one
- Career development in a fast-growing company
- Competitive remuneration and perks
We are an organization with high ambitions and people that are passionate about what they do. Everyone digs in and makes the most of every day, we discuss, share and learn from each other. No question is too dumb, and no idea is too bold.
Billhop AB is a Swedish Payment Institute with headquarters in Stockholm. We are licensed by, and under the supervision of, the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen). Billhop is authorized to provide payment services on a cross-border basis under the Payment Services Directive (2007/64/EC) into the entire EES.