Senior Software Engineer
Billhop is the friendly scale-up company that values people growth equal to business growth. Everyone can develop professionally in a stimulating environment while maintaining an enviably flexible work-life balance. Offering competitive salaries and attractive benefits is a given for us. We are proud of being a diverse group of people who continuously challenge ourselves to deliver industry-leading, cutting-edge user experience.
Founded in 2012 with the expressed aim to address the low card acceptance rate in the B2B sphere, our mission at Billhop has always been to simplify payments for business owners everywhere, regardless of niche or size. By reshaping the way businesses pay one another, we enable companies to smooth out cash flow irregularities and improve their working capital.
What we offer
- A diverse and collaborative work environment
- Competitive salary
- Dedicated work time for training and development
- Private pension matching ITP-level
- Private healthcare insurance
- Attractive insurance package
- Wellness allowance 5000 sek/year
- Hybrid and flexible work model
To excel in our product development and segmenting our position as the market leader within our industry area, we are now strengthening our software development team by recruiting Senior Software Engineers.
You will be a key player in developing new features and applications as well as improving and maintaining our current platform. You will be taking part in architectural decisions, possibly introducing new trending technologies, and also supporting other developers, especially the more junior ones. Common tasks will be: defining sub-APIs for our microservices, implementing those APIs, integrating towards third party services or manage large amounts of data available for our internal use. The bottom line is – you’ll be coding a lot, which we hope makes you feel excited and happy!
Our infrastructure is based on a Kubernetes cluster running a few dozens of NodeJs micro services talking via Google Pub/Sub and REST APIs. Our frontend applications are written in React and everything is hosted on Google Cloud. We are happy with our setup, but never content and never finished. You will have a key role in identifying new technologies to implement and better ways to overcome our challenges.
The role will be located at the Stockholm office or hybrid remote.
Words from Danilo, our Engineering Manager:
What I like most at Billhop is the freedom the tech team has to make decisions, adopt new technologies, frameworks and ways of working. I feel challenged, but I've got the conditions to perform my best and develop in my career.
Besides, everything we deliver has the potential to impact 70 thousand customers, which is a great responsibility, but also makes our achievements even more rewarding.
To succeed in this role, we think you need:
- Knowledge in observability and deep knowledge of modern front end frameworks like React.js or Vue.js
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Solid distributed systems architecture skills
- Experience with CI/CD, feature flagging, and deployment strategies
- Experience from writing functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience from fintech or the payment industry is a bonus
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
We also think you are:
- A good collaborator and communicator - able to successfully engage cross-functionally e.g. with product, customer support and commercial
- Curious, humble and eager to learn and develop
- Flexible and action-oriented in your approach to delivery
- A strong and pragmatic problem solver
- Passionate about building something together with others, combined with a high degree of self-leadership
What you bring
We hope that you are as passionate about software and solving interesting problems as we are. You simply can't wait to start coding and to contribute to a great product that not only works, but also makes you proud. It is important that you are comfortable with discussing complex technical problems with your team.
Billhop is a Swedish Payment Institute with headquarters in Stockholm. Founded in 2012, the business has made swift progress, is scaling fast and has expanded to several other European countries. We are licensed by, and under the supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen). Billhop is authorised to provide payment services on a cross-border basis under the Payment Services Directive (2007/64/EC).
Senior Software Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Billhop?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.